Thursday, October 18, 2012

Rick Altman Trio at Harmony 10/28

Here is a message from Rick Altman about his upcoming show at the Harmony in Woodstock. Here is what Rick had to say about the show:

The Rick Altman Trio is doing something different at the Harmony in Woodstock Sunday, October 28th at @8 PM.

Instead of playing the vibes as I usually do, I'll be bringing my custom-made Grand Concert Marimba.  This may be the first time anyone has played a marimba in this room.  It was made with exotic woods and took a year to complete.  This instrument does not have the vocal qualities of the vibes, so we have to reconsider our choice of compositions.   We will play some of our usual material and some compositions that we haven't before.  Please click on this link to see some pictures of it http://rickaltman.com/photo_album2.html

Also, Mike DeMicco, one of my favorite guitarists, has just returned from Russia and will be with us once again.  Mike always kicks the band up several notches and makes me glad I don't play the guitar.  We are hoping to include some of Mike's compositions this night.
You can see more photos, read about my instruments and watch videos at:   www.rickaltman.com  I hope to see you there.