Friday, June 25, 2010

Linda Nova Runs for Team Red Cross

I got this note from WCA member Linda Nove. She is running her first marathon this fall for team Red Cross. I thought maybe some folks in the community would like to sponsor her. Here is what she has to say about it.

Dear friends & family,

I have accepted the challenge from the Red Cross to change someone's life: my own. I am a Runner for Team Red Cross, one of the charity partners for this year's 2010 ING NYC Marathon.

I can't believe I'm actually running my first marathon! New York City, all five boroughs, 26.2 miles, on Sunday, November 7th.

This is a goal I've had for many years (and sort of kept to myself) but this year I've decided to make my dreams a reality -- while helping a great cause at the same time.

Some of you may not know this, but my husband and I were grateful recipients of emergency Red Cross assistance on two separate occasions: first on September 11th, just days after we moved into our first apartment together down on Nassau St., and again three years later when a building fire destroyed our apartment on 25th St.

As they have been with so many others in our community, throughout the country, and around the world, the Red Cross aid workers were swift, supportive, and selfless.

I'm honored to be invited to join the Red Cross team this year -- my goal is to do everything I can to raise money and awareness in support of this great organization.

I'm reaching out to family and friends like you to help me reach my fundraising goal. Please join me by making a gift. Your tax-deductable donation will make a critical difference in the lives of so many, including my own.

Just follow the links at the bottom of this email to a secure fundraising website. Every contribution is sincerely appreciated!

Thank you so much for your love and support,
Linda

Please support me in the NYC Marathon as I run with the 2010 Team Red Cross!
click here to visit my donation page