Thursday, May 1, 2014

Margrethe Gray Cone Passes

It is with much personal sadness that I relay the news that longtime Roxmor resident Margrethe Gray Cone has passed. She died at home, peacefully in her sleep, on April 24th. 

Over the years I have shared many parties and meetings with Margrethe. It was always great to see her. Every time we met she greeted me with those beautiful eyes and a sparkling smile. I always felt that she was really glad to see me even if we just happened to meet in the aisles of the Boiceville Supermarket. 

She was quick witted and cheerful and best of all, kind. When I was invited to parties in her home she went out of her way to make me feel comfortable and included. In a world that prizes material things, the importance of being good to one another is often overlooked. But in remembering Margrethe I would like to say how important kindness is and celebrate her for bringing so much of it into the world. She will be missed. 

My condolences to her life companion Pete Forbis, her daughters Karen and Joyce, their husbands and her grandchildren. May she rest in peace.