Sunday, May 11, 2014

Clean River - Clean Water

I recently got this email from WCA member Max Nova. Check out his short film on Vimeo or YouTube. The links are below. Great job, Max!! Here is his message.


I want to share a project very close to my heart, and close to home for us all – upstate & in the city: a short film I directed for Riverkeeper, the non-profit stewards & protectors of the Hudson River for nearly 50 years.

They recently held their annual fundraising gala, the 2014 Fisherman's Ball, for which this film was commissioned.  This year's honorees were Chelsea Clinton and SolarCity, and I'm proud to say the event was a big success.

My production team & I spent four days scouting and shooting the beautiful streams, rivers, and waterways in and around the Woodland & Hudson Valleys, which I'm sure many of our friends and neighbors will immediately recognize in the film.  It's not too often I have the opportunity to work on non-commercial projects such as this, let alone one as substantive and locally resonant as Riverkeeper.  Please feel free to share the links below and spread the word around the watershed!

- Max Nova