Thursday, December 27, 2012

Finally Finished

It was a long day of digging out and cleaning up. The final total for this storm was somewhere between 10 and 11 inches (at least at my house). The snow was on the wet side and fairly heavy. I got a good workout just shoveling today.

Be very careful if you are coming to the valley over the weekend. In a lot of places there is a layer of ice underneath the snow and if you aren't careful it can send you or your vehicle sliding. I myself slid my car into the ditch on the side of my driveway and remained there until a wonderful young neighbor (thanks Brad!!) pulled me out.

Woodland Valley Road is fairly clear at this point. The town plows have been up and down several times and the surface of the road has a nice layer of salt and sand. Don't forget that if you need that same salt and sand mixture for your driveway there is a pile of it in the back of Town Hall between the highway garage and the recycling area. It is free to all residents.

The forecast for the weekend is for more snow on Saturday. Right now they are only predicting about 2-4 inches of light fluffy stuff but they will know more tomorrow. They weather outlets are also predicting temps to drop into the 20s during the day and the teens at night after the storm passes. And they are saying that they think January is going to be very cold. So all the snow we have just gotten may be with us for quite a while.

Well, that's all for now. I will update you as much as possible on this next weather event.