Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Woodland Valley - The Song


I received this message from Joe De Sarle who recently joined the Woodland Community Association. He put his song about "Woodland Valley" on to YouTube so we can all enjoy it. He tells of gathering around and singing it with family. Sounds like a lovely tradition. Here is what Joe had to say about his music.

I've been writing and singing songs for over 50 years and wrote "Woodland Valley" in the early sixties. 
I would sit on the lawn of the old house surrounded by younger cousins and we would all sing Woodland Valley. I updated the song in 2005 and recorded it producing all the background vocals and instruments.
I've written many songs about the beautiful area that we live including Black Bear, Hoot Owl, The Muddy Brook Ghost, Onteora, Esopus, Coyote and on and on. I have 2 CD's that I share with friends and family.
I recently decided to try to put certain songs in a video and selected some photo's that I've taken as well as royalty free photo's from the internet. I'm sure the quality of my photo's are no where near your photo's but they are the best I had.
Attached is the link to "Woodland Valley" on You Tube.
I hope you enjoy it.
Best Regards,
Joe De Sarle