Monday, March 29, 2010

WCA Pet Photo Contest














Greetings Woodland Community Association Members,

I hope that you are all well and getting ready for a fabulous spring/summer 2010. I don't know about the rest of you but with all the cold and the snow we have had this winter I am ready for some nice weather. I wanted to kick off the start of the good times here in the valley with a little fun and creativity. So the WCA is going to sponsor a pet photo contest. There will be 4 categories.

1. Best Overall Pet Photo
2. Funniest Pet Photo
3. Best Outdoor Pet Photo (I created this category for those of you who might not have pets inside your house but have wild animals that come and visit)
4. Best Photo by a Child Under 12

There will be one prize for the best photo in each category. The prize will be a gift certificate to either The Nest Egg, Sweet Sue's, Brios, Tenderland Home, Morne Imports or 60 Main (the winners can choose their preference) in the amount of $25.00 each.

The winners will be decided by the members of the Association. I will put all the photos in each category up to the blog and you all can email me with your votes for the best. The number of votes each of the photos receives will not be posted. Only the winner will be announced. Each photo will be randomly given a number. To insure unbiased voting photographers names will not be posted.

Here are the rules:
1. You must be a member of the Woodland Community Association to enter.
2. One entry per person, per category.
3. Please submit your photo by email to wvview@gmail.com. All photos must be digital. Scans will be accepted but I will not be able to scan hard copies. Please be sure to write in the email which category you would like the photo entered.
4. Deadline for submission is April 20th. The photos will be posted to the blog in the following week and the voting will begin. The deadline for voting will be announced when all the photos are up on the blog. Hopefully, if everything goes according to schedule, the winners will be announced by the first week of May.

Because I am a photographer and also running this contest I am recusing myself from entering (even though I have some VERY cute pets).

Well, that's it! So come join the fun and good luck!!!!

Sincerely,
Carol Seitz
President WCA