Friday, January 8, 2010

Weather for Weekenders - 01/08/10

The weather here has been cold this week but not as cold as the past few weeks. The temperatures have been in the 20's during the day and the teens at night. I always know that I am getting hardened to the cold when it is 20 degrees outside and I start walking around with my coat open because it feels warm to me. Right now, I think as long as we are out of the single digits the world is good. We have had flurries on and off all week. We are having them right now. We haven't gotten more than an inch on any given day (and nearer to town it has even been less). But, as I had mentioned in earlier posts, we are not getting the warm days in between to melt the snow down. So there is a fair amount of ground cover, although nothing unmanageable. For people who have not been here all week and may be heading up for the weekend you can expect an inch or two in your driveway (again depending on where you live in the valley) but nothing too deep.