Monday, January 25, 2010

High Water on the WV Creek















We have had a LOT of rain overnight into today! The Woodland Valley Creek has risen significantly. I was out at about noon and took this photo out the window of my car on the Herdman Road bridge. The water was over Woodland Valley Road in several spots as I drove up into the valley and was still rising. The Esopus is at flood stage. There is a flash flood warning for our area in effect until tomorrow morning. The rain has seemed to taper off in the last hour. The radar looks like it is clearing out. If you want to follow both the height of the Woodland Creek and the Esopus you can follow the links to the USGS gages that I have listed here. I will keep you all posted. Hopefully, this will stop before it gets too bad!

Woodland Valley Creek

Esopus Creek at Cold Brook