Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!!

2010 arrived in the valley with a bit of flurries. It has been snowing lightly on and off for several days. Total accumulation is only about two inches. (I am so jaded that 2 inches sounds like almost nothing to me these days.) There is a lot of snow lying around from all the different storms we have had since winter began in earnest. Except for the first storm, the snow totals have been pretty minor but all the flurry activity mounts up when we don't have much warm weather to melt it.

The one thing I have consistently noticed is that the weather channels have been predicting much warmer temperatures than we are actually having. Tonight, for instance, was supposed to be in the teens, but I just looked at my thermometer and it said 6 degrees. That seems to be happening a lot lately. So if you are coming here soon pack your long johns because baby it's cold outside!!!

I want to take this opportunity to wish everyone in the valley health, happiness and prosperity in the New Year!! Shalom to all!