Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Snow is Piling Up

We had another 7 inches of snow yesterday. That makes a total of 15 inches (by my snow ruler) of new snow between Monday and yesterday. It wasn't that bad to shovel, very light and fluffy. And, I must admit, I kind of enjoy digging out. I had to do it last night in the dark and the valley was absolutely quiet. In the hour it took me to shovel a spot at the end of the driveway where I could put cars until my snow plow guy came, no one drove by until I was almost finished. And, in the bitterest of ironies, the truck that did come at the end was my snow plow man. Oh well, even though it would have been nice if he came an hour earlier, I got some exercise (who needs the gym while there is snow in the Catskills) and he finished the rest of my very long driveway so I could get up to the house. All's well that ends well.
- Carol Seitz - 01/02/08