Sunday, February 16, 2014

Just A Bit More















Just when we thought we were done with the snow we had another storm dump about 4 additional inches on the valley yesterday. Actually, I wasn't quite done digging out from the first go round when this other smaller event took place. (See photo above - we knew there was a car in there somewhere). But this one cleaned up much more quickly.

There is a LOT of snow around the valley though, so I would advise anyone coming here anytime soon to confirm with their plow man/woman that their driveway has been cleared. Otherwise, you will have no place to park. And leaving a car on the road in these conditions is dangerous.

And this reminds me, as I drove down WV road I noticed that some people have chosen to not plow their driveways. I have been told in the past that if your driveway is not cleared and you have a fire at your house and the fire trucks can't get to the structure that your insurance will not pay your claim. I don't know if this is true for all insurance companies but I would advise you to check before you make the decision not to plow.

Well, that's all for now. I hope you are all staying warm.