Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Catching Up On The Weather And Other Things

So after my minor weather related outburst the other day I couldn't bear posting about the weather for several days. Things in the valley are very cold again at this point. But here is a brief recap of where we stand at this point.

A day or two after the 21 inches of snow that fell a couple of weeks ago, we got about another 6 inches. As soon as we finished clearing that away, the weather got very warm. It was hovering in the high 40's for several days in a row. The snow melted down significantly but there is still a fair amount around. During the days it was melting, if there was someplace for the water to run off, it did, but otherwise it just formed puddles. And now that it has gotten frigid again those puddles have refrozen making for really, really treacherous conditions. BEWARE when you are walking. This is the time when I get out my ice cleats. But yesterday I even slipped with those on my feet. Some driveways are better than others but walk slowly and carefully until you figure out where the icy spots are around your house!

On a completely different note, I have gotten behind in my posting so I put up several posts at once today. Be sure to scroll down and check out all the other fun things I have put up.

I hope wherever you are you are staying warm. And I will remind you that this weekend marks the end of February so spring is that much closer! I am the eternal optimist!!