Friday, January 27, 2012

Weather for Weekenders - Foggy and Soggy

As I wrote the headline to this post I realized that Foggy and Soggy would make great names for a pair of muppets. Anyway, I think that accurately describes the situation in the valley right now.

We had heavy rains overnight but they seem to be ending. All I could think of as I lay in bed last night was that I was glad that it wasn't snow. It would have been a LOT. But because of the relatively warm temperatures (In the low 40's) we were spared that challenge.

I just checked the radar and it looks like the rain is moving to our north and east. So I think we might be done with it for now. A lot of the snow that was lying around has melted. The overnight forecast is for the temperatures to drop into the high 20's. If the wet ground freezes it might get slippery. So if you are coming up from the city be careful as you get out of the car and walk to your house.

That's all for now folks!