Thursday, January 12, 2012

Messy Morning

Well, it had to happen sometime. I knew that I could not go for the entire winter without having to post about the weather. This morning I woke up to find about 3 inches of snow had fallen overnight. It is wet and very heavy. It has changed over to a wet wintery mix at this point, sleet mixed with freezing rain. I believe the forecast is for it to go to all rain as the morning progresses. It certainly seems headed in that direction. If you have to get out and shovel remember to go slow. This is that very heavy, heart attack inducing stuff.

I haven't been out on Woodland Valley Road yet today. I would drive slowly if you are in the neighborhood because the roads are likely to be slippery. I will post later on and let you all know how this storm plays out. In the meanwhile, stay safe and dry!