Tuesday, December 20, 2011

On A Perfect Day

Dennis Havel sent me the photo below a few weeks back. He told me that he took it on the last perfect day of fall. It is a gorgeous shot and I apologize to Dennis for not posting it sooner. I do the best I can with this blog but sometimes things just get away from me.

But I thought as fall officially turns to winter this week, it seems like the perfect time to post this picture anyway. I can't speak for the winter ahead but the fall has been lovely (the snowstorm in October notwithstanding). We have had a lot of really beautiful days with mostly moderate temperatures. I realize that I am saying this just a day before we are about to get some sort of precipitation so I might be tempting fate a little. But up until now (although we have had some temperatures in the teens at night last week) the weather has been pretty good and fairly mild for this time of year. Most of the days have been sunny and bright. And right now there is no snow on the ground. But I guess we still have to wait and see what winter will bring before I get too excited. I have my fingers crossed that our luck will hold. As always I will keep you posted.