Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Unidentified Gents With Oxen













This was sent to me by Rolf Reiss from his wonderful, historical, WV photo and postcard collection.

"The first one labeled “Unidentified Gents with Oxen“ came from a collection of Woodland Valley real photo postcards I purchased some years ago. As with a lot of them, a great deal of fun can be had in simply trying to identifying the people in them as well as the location depicted. I kept looking at this photo knowing that I have seen this place before but could not put a name to it. I felt as if my brain was searching though files trying to locate this one and after a short time it did. It might be fun to let people try to see if they can come up the location of this photo (as well as the names of the two gents). Anyone entering Woodland Valley has seen this place before. The stream can be seen on the right and the small outcropping of rocks is still on the left side to this day."
- Rolf Reiss

I will post the location of this photo in a few days to give you time to try and figure out where it is. Anyone who knows who these two gents are or wants to guess the location of the photo can send me an email and I will post it too.

Rolf sent a few more cool images that I will continue to post in the coming days. So check back with us for more historical fun.