Sunday, November 11, 2007

Stargazing Opportunity

I am an avid amateur astronomer, a professional astrologer by trade however ... a rare combo! Maddy (my wife) and I own a 20" diameter reflector telescope, the largest in the Hudson Valley (most universities scopes are way smaller ... to give you an idea). So far I've only shared it with a few..... and I've only done one or two workshops with it at Mirabai Books in Woodstock... (I lectured there recently on Pluto). I'd love to share the heavens with others here in the Valley, and even start a local astronomy club to observe together if any are interested ..... I often observe in the Day Use area and on top of Belleayre Mtn.

If the Valley has any open fields perhaps we can arrange a viewing for locals one clear night!! ...

From - Alexander Mallon
Email: astroskywatcher@yahoo.com
Phone: 845-688-9751