Monday, March 23, 2020

Food Needs and Donation Links

The Shandaken Food Panty is providing food delivery to people who are at high risk for the COVID-19 virus. See the information below (click image to make it larger and easier to read) to find out where to call if you need food delivery. If you are well and can pick up your food the food pantry will be open from 10-12 at the Methodist Church in Phoenicia on Thursday. Everyone will be maintaining a safe distance but you can pick up supplies there.

Many local restaurants are offering takeout services. I know the Phoenicia Diner, The Peekamoose and Brio's are among them. The Emerson also has takeout services for breakfast Thursday - Monday. Call them to ask about ordering and payment. The Phoenicia Supermarket is providing free delivery to those at risk.

For those of you who are willing and able to donate to the Food Pantry you can go to the Town of Shandaken donate page on PayPal https://www.paypal.com/donate/?token=5IPj9eCw5zXYZALMyQjIUBMrWgmIOB9CywsLWjEZNXw2KCOExg1IfGXLKcLWQI96MmvxKm&country.x=US&locale.x=US
There is great need so anything you can give would be much appreciated.

Lastly, although this doesn't have anything to do with food, I wanted you all to know that my internet service here at the end of the valley has been wonky. I tried to post yesterday when service suddenly disconnected and I lost my post. I was also unable to answer emails for a while. So please be patient with me. I am trying my best to get information posted but sometimes the great gods of the internet  shut me down.