Monday, April 23, 2012

No Snow, Thank Goodness

I have gotten several phone calls today asking if we got any snow up here in Woodland Valley. I am happy to report that we did not. The snow seemed to stay to the west of us. I believe both western Pennsylvania and western NY got some but we were mercifully spared. We did get quite a lot of rain though.

Woodland Valley creek has risen. That is good because it was getting fairly dry and it is too early in the season for that to happen. I read somewhere that the waterways in our area were down about 6 inches from their usual heights. I don't know if what we got in the last couple of days replenished them fully but I think it put a dent in the deficit.

The temperatures have dropped though and are in the low 40s at night. I am back to making a fire in my wood stove. But all things considered that is not too bad. At least I am not out there breaking my back shoveling the heavy, wet snow that falls at this time of year.

So it looks like the rain has stopped and all is again well in the valley.