Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I Spoke Too Soon

It just doesn't pay to be too smug. It seems I have greatly overestimated my ability to read the weather in the Catskills. After posting my relief about the current conditions last night, I woke up to find it hailing and snowing lightly this morning. Ugh!! I don't think any of it will stick but still.....it is the end of April and the snow is dampening my spring spirt! Not to mention the fact that my apple trees are in bloom and I am sure that with temperatures in the 30s the bees are all sticking to the warmer climates. So the cold weather may affect my fruit crop this year. I guess like most other things in the natural world I will just have to wait and see. But I thought I should keep you all informed of the latest weather developments in the valley especially after giving the "all clear" signal last night.