Monday, March 7, 2011

Ending As Snow

The storm that hit Woodland Valley in the last couple of days has finally ended. In the last few hours the rain changed to sleet and snow. This morning we had about an inch of accumulation on the ground.

The temperature has dropped into the 20s so that things are a bit frozen. When I went out to my car this morning all the doors were frozen shut and I had to really work to get them open.

The creek has receded from the high water of last night. WV road seems fine. I didn't see any flooding damage when I rode to town. The trucks were out plowing and putting down salt and sand bright and early this morning. There were no power or phone outages as far as I know.

The water in the Esopus crested just short of 13 feet. Phoenicia didn't get flooded like it had been in the fall and that is a very good thing.

So, the sun is beginning to come out and, as far as I know, all is well.