Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Phoenicia Floods.......AGAIN!!!

We got some torrential rain last night into early this evening. And, for the second time in 2 months, Phoenicia was underwater for a few hours. I didn't have a chance to go to town myself, so we are all lucky that Dennis Havel went to investigate and sent some photos for the blog. The water on Main St was caused by the same set of circumstances as the last time. The Stony Clove Creek jumps it's banks up on Rt 214 and then runs down the road into Phoenicia. The water has receded at this point but, just like last time, it has left a big mess for everyone to clean up. I haven't had the opportunity to check out Woodland Valley yet so I can't give you a report. But if you are out of the valley and live near the stream (or have other factors that would cause flood conditions on your property) try and have a neighbor or friend check it out. I will give everyone a better update tomorrow. Thanks for sending us these photos Dennis.