Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Slip Sliding

Conditions today in the valley are VERY icy. We got about 2 inches of wet snow and then sleet on top of that, followed by rain almost all day today. The result is a thick glaze on everything. The last time I was out 28 was not too bad if you take it slow but Woodland Valley Road is treacherous! They have salted and sanded several times but it keeps on raining and adding to the mess. It is supposed to get colder and change back to snow tonight. If all of this freezes later on it has the possibility of getting really nasty. I made it up my driveway about mid-day but just barely. (Oh how I long to have a nice, flat road to my house!) Anyone planning to come for the weekend who has an even slightly uphill driveway should know that, unless something changes, it might be a challenge to get up it and they should proceed with caution.