Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Craig's Mills


























Here are some excellent photos and a message from Rolf Reiss.

"These photos are of Craig’s mill and are obviously your classic before and after the flood photos. Unfortunately, I have not as yet been able to find out in what year the flood occurred. I have seen the remnants of an old foundation near Red Rocks but it wasn’t until I located these photos that I realized what had been built there. I do know that by the late 1800’s there were at least three saw mills operating in Woodland Valley. The one shown in this photo, the one at Lords, and one near Botchfords. The snowy hillside on the left of the photo is now Fawn Hill. As with any of these photos I would certainly appreciate any additional information anyone else has on them. Linda McDonald’s photo previously posted in the Woodland Valley View of Sound Horn Curve (just above the location of this mill) was really spectacular. Thanks Linda for sharing it with everyone!"

- Rolf Reiss

Blogmistress Note: Thanks to you too Rolf for sharing your FABULOUS postcard collection and extensive knowledge of Woodland Valley history!!!!!