Saturday, April 12, 2008

Beautiful Spring Day in the Valley

Although the forecast was for rain, I woke up to a beautiful spring day here in the valley. Temperatures are in the 60's with a mix of sun and clouds.

My daffodils finally started to bloom this week. There are about 100 blooms so far which is just the tip of the iceberg in my backyard. As some of you may know, I plant 300 to 400 bulbs every fall and I have been doing that for the last 12 years. I have approximately 4000 bulbs in at this point. I am trying to naturalize the entire hill behind my house. That will probably take me another 15 years but hey, it will look awesome when I finish. I will keep you all posted on the progress of the blooms. Since you can hardly see them from the road I usually have one day when they are at their peak where anyone who is around can drop by and see them. Keep checking the blog for the update.