Monday, February 25, 2008

Fire on Woodland Valley Road

There was a fire in the home of Hank Williams Sr. on WV Road late yesterday afternoon. The house is a few properties past Grandview Road as you come up the road from town. I was headed out of the valley at about 4:00 pm when I saw the flames coming out of the side of the building. The firemen had just arrived and went right to work putting out the blaze. The road was closed for over an hour as they got everything under control. There was no one home at the time so no one was hurt. There seems to be quite a bit of damage but I didn't hear how much. I also don't know what caused the fire. I am sure that I speak for the entire WCA when I say that our thoughts and prayers are with Mr. Williams and his family as he cleans up and starts the repair process. If there is anything the Association can do to help the Williams family please let me know and I will put the word out.