Thursday, January 2, 2014

Total So Far

OK valley weather seekers, here is the situation so far. The snow started last night and continued into the morning. By about 11:00am we had roughly 3inches on the ground. The snow tapered off but kept falling lightly pretty much all day. 

I actually went out and drove to Woodstock in the afternoon and the roads were not too bad. I headed on to Kingston to try and run a few more errands but at that point the snow started to fall more heavily again. The drive back wasn't scary but the snow was building up on both Rt 28 and Woodland Valley Road so I was happy to get home around 4pm. 

Right now it is snowing heavily again. I would say at this point we have around 7 inches on the ground. It is very cold and getting colder. Because of that fact the snow is extremely light and fluffy which makes it fairly easy to move. But a word of warning, that ice layer that was left from the last storm is still at the base of the pile so BEWARE! I wore ice cleats all day and even with them on I almost slipped at one point. 

There have been no power or phone outages up to now. Let's hope that continues. The snow is forecasted to continue until morning. I will let you know how it all shakes out. Until then stay safe and warm. Good night.