Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Weather Cam Weirdness

Some of you have noticed that the weather cam link on the right side of the blog has been showing San Francisco in certain browsers. Weirdly enough, I was getting the SF link in Safari and Chrome but not in Firefox. I don't know about Internet Explorer because I am on a Mac. Anyway, I went in today and re-posted the link to the WV cam. I think it is working now. In trying to find the HTML code to re-embed into the site, I came across a way to also link to a 24 hour video loop of the weather here in the valley. The screen size was too BIg to put on the right hand side so I put it on the bottom of the page. It is pretty cool. You can stream the images from the last 24 hours into a stop action video. Although it goes black during the night, it still gives you a pretty good idea of the current weather conditions in the valley. Check it out.