Saturday, October 29, 2011

October Snow

I am at home tonight and feeling very bitter that I have to take out the snow ruler so early in the season. Oh well, I measured and we have about 8 inches so far. It didn't start to snow here until about 1:30 and I am not sure when it is going to stop. The good thing about our area is that a fair amount of the trees have already lost their leaves. So, although some are straining under the weight of snow plus leaves, a lot of the others are fine. Anyway, we still have power, phone and internet. I hope you all have them where you are. I will post again when the snow stops (hopefully). If you don't see a message from me sometime tomorrow you can assume we lost power (like a lot of the northeast).

Please stay home if possible tonight, I am sure the roads are slippery. I have only heard the town plow come up the road once so far. I am sure they will be back, but it is wiser not to drive in this mess unless you absolutely have to.

Stay warm and dry!