Friday, March 21, 2008

So This Is Spring?

Happy Spring to you all! Yesterday was the first day of Spring and the Vernal Equinox (equal amounts of both day and night) but the weather this week has been crazy!! Wednesday it rained cats and dogs (where does that expression come from?). Then the winds started blowing everything around, and then last night it snowed!! Not much accumulation, just about an inch all the way up here in the valley, but enough already!! Hopefully, it will be gone as quickly as it came. The wind will supposedly continue today but other than that I think the weather will be quite nice. The forecast for the weekend is for great weather, relatively speaking (in my vision of great weather I am sipping gin & tonics by the pool but I suppose we have to take what we can get at this point). They are calling for sunny skies and temps in the 40s. I am ready for some serious Spring!!