Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What is a Blog?

A blog is basically an easy to use website. It can be anything we want it to be. My vision for this blog is to be used as a community newsletter. Another way to keep up on all the interesting people, places and things that are in our valley. Posts on a blog are written on an ongoing basis. Unlike a regular website, the last entry is first. You will notice that my welcome message is on the bottom of the page. It's a little different than what you are probably used to but better because you can get the most current news first.

A couple of things about this blog. First, in some blogs people are able to comment on the posts. That feature is turned off here. Although it's great to hear what is on our members minds, to open up this forum to ongoing discussion and/or argument (not that anyone in Woodland Valley would start an argument) would dilute the informational quality of this site.

Secondly, this blog can be edited at any time. Even older posts. No one is perfect so if you see a mistake let me know and I will correct it.

For now, I am going to be postmaster general but you, the members, are going to do the writing and photography. The email address for this site is wvview@gmail.com If you have anything you would like posted just send it and I will try to get it on the site.

Lastly, in a blog brevity is a key. Writings, photos and videos (give me a minute to figure out that one) can be posted but none of it should be too long. I can generally post things by copying the information you send me from your emails so write it well and keep it brief.

Well now that's enough of the serious stuff. Send me things to be posted. Let's have some fun!!