Saturday, February 9, 2013

Whew....That One Slipped Around Us

We got out of this storm fairly easily by all accounts. The total accumulation here in the valley is only about 6 inches. Watching the radar it looked like we stayed between the 2 storms until the last minute. When they finally merged everything slid to the north and east. So we got really lucky and the heavier snow went in that direction.

Shoveling hasn't been too bad. The snow that was falling yesterday afternoon was wet and heavy but the temperature drop overnight made for much lighter fare this morning. So moving it hasn't been too hard on the back.

There have been no power, phone or cable outages so far as I can tell.

The plows have been up and down WV road all night so I am assuming that the roads are fine but I haven't been out personally to check.

That's all for this storm. It seems I have been blogging my fingers to the bone on the subject of weather this season. Oh well, I guess I had a break last year and this winter makes up for it. But for now.....that's all she wrote.