Monday, February 20, 2012

Ruth Lindsay Passes

I just got off the phone with Ruth's nephew Ted and he asked me to tell you that Ruth died last night at hospice in Kingston. She was 87 years old. She had been struggling with congestive heart failure for some time. She went into the hospital in December. From there she was briefly in a nursing facility, and then she entered into hospice.

She was with family when she died and Ted tells me she was comfortable and peaceful at the end. Her passing saddens me. She was a stalwart member of the WV old guard. But she was able to live in her house in the Woodland Park Association (built by her grandfather) until very recently. So I am comforted to think that she was where she wanted to be almost to the end. We will miss her though and think of her often. May she rest in peace.