Sunday, April 19, 2009

About The BambooCycle

I asked James Wolf to tell us a little more about his bikes and here is what he said.

"I have been making bike frames for a while now using bamboo tubes and bamboo composite with a lot of not so Gilligan's island technology. I machine custom aluminum parts where necessary for mounting wheels, bearing and cable routing, but the frame structure is all bamboo/bamboo composite. They weigh as much as an aluminum frame, but bamboo is way more vibration absorbent gives a real smooth ride. I am making racing frames, but also will get into touring and commuting as well. I can make any size and any geometry, it all depends on the rider's size and preferences. I've been riding each of the prototypes, man what a cool feeling to ride on a BambooCycle!"

- James Wolf