Saturday, December 14, 2013

Still Snowing

Just got back in from outside where I was doing a brief round of snow shoveling. I thought I would report one last time to all of you who are wondering what is going on weather-wise in the valley.

We have about 8 inches of snow on the ground at this point. The snow is falling very fast and the wind has picked up slightly but is not too crazy.

I have heard the town trucks go up and down the road more than once but haven't been out all day (except right around the house to shovel) so I can't report on road conditions. Although the highway department does a great job, with the snow falling this quickly it will be hard to keep the roads clear for long. I think it is safe to say that if at all possible it would be best to stay inside and wait the storm out in the cozy comfort of your own home.

The forecasters say that the snow will continue through the night so I will post again in the morning with the final totals.

That's all for now. Good night.