Sunday, October 10, 2010

Lord's Lumberyard Photo
















After posting the WV history from Linda McDonald recently, a couple of other folks sent me some more interesting information. Here is a message from Dakin Morehouse.

"This pic is from Lonnie Gale's collection and is marked on the back "Lord's lumberyard - 'Brookside'" which was right here in our Woodland Valley (just before the Tonisgah bridge on the right side of WV road).

Once he had a couple shots of rum under his own belt, Paul Miller, Roxmor caretaker before me, son of the founder and long time Woodland Valley Post Master used to enjoy relating recollections of his life in the Valley to anyone who would listen.  And his stories fascinated me.

One can easily imagine how this one about one of Lord family named Loami (I am not sure of the spelling) might well have made an impression on his youthful mind. 

Seems Loami used to walk back up the valley after an evening's binging in the village quite boisterously breaking the silence in the wee hours of the morning declaring repeatedly - "Lo am I .. the Lord?   I am Loami - Lord!   Lo am I not, the Lord?"

- Dakin

Thanks for sharing this photo and funny story with us Dakin!