Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Memorial for Mary Brown Gillespie


I got word last week that Mary Brown Gillespie a long time Woodland Valley resident passed away back in May. I only had the pleasure of meeting her a couple of times but she was an intelligent and gracious women. Many generations of her family both past and present have resided in Woodland Valley. Her son Brownie Gillespie sent me the message below and asked me to tell you that there will be a memorial for her on July 11th at their home here in the valley. Here is Brownie's message.



I wanted to let you know that my mother, known by most as Woozy Gillespie died in May. She loved Woodland and the family house in the valley. It was built for her grandmother in the mid-late 1800’s, and Woozy spent a year at the house during the depression and also many summers. Seven generations later it is still a gathering place for our family. We will be having a memorial celebration in her honor on July 11 and we welcome anyone who knew her to come by. I am attaching an invitation made from one of her paintings.

Brown Gillespie