Monday, February 9, 2015

The Latest Round

It looks like this storm is finally finished. It was a long one. Like the last one though, it was not a scary (no high winds, no heavy wet snow to bring down the tree boughs). And for a lot of the time it actually was only flurries. The bulk of the storm moved into our area about 3:00 or 4:00pm yesterday and it snowed on and off through the night. But I would say the majority of what fell came down between about 9am and 4pm. It only completely finished about a half hour ago. Our final total was in the neighborhood of 8 to 9 inches (at least in my yard).

It was light and fluffy just like the last storm so it was fairly easy to move. There have been no power outages. And the plow trucks have been up and down the road a few times already so I think driving is OK, but I myself haven't been out yet.

Looks like there is more snow on the way for later in the week but we will just have to wait and see how that develops. For now I can take a nice hot shower and rest after all the snow moving. There may even be a nice hot chocolate in my future. Ah, the rewards of a long day of snow removal!

PS - After I posted this it started to snow lightly again and it continues coming down as I type. I don't think there will be too much more accumulation but if there is I will post again in the morning. Have a good evening everyone!