Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Weather So Far

Despite the dire predictions of 12-18 inches for this storm the accumulations have been far less at this point. We seem to be riding right on the rain/snow line. I woke up this morning to freezing rain. It changed to snow later in the morning but then spent the rest of the day going back and forth between the two. What is on the ground right now is basically 2 - 3 inches of very, very heavy slushy snow. I went outside to move it and it was very laborious.

There is quite a bit of snow sticking in the trees. While I was out I heard a lot of cracking sounds from the branches breaking under the weight of the heavy, wet snow. The boughs that are not breaking are hanging very low in places. Hopefully, we won't get much wind or I am afraid we will see a lot of branches coming down.

I just checked the radar and it seems like we will have a bit of a break as the first part of this storm moves through. But they are forecasting snow on and off through Thursday so I will try and keep you posted. That's all from here so far. Wherever you are stay warm and safe!