Thursday, December 18, 2014

Happy Chanakah - Playing Catch Up Again

I find myself once again behind in my blog posting. First, let me say Happy Chanakah to all the many Jewish families here in Woodland Valley! I hope you have a great holiday! By the way, if someone could advise me of the correct spelling of Chanakah I would be eternally grateful. I have seen it spelled Chanukah, Chanukkah, Hannukah, Hanukkah and more. If anyone could help this shiksa out on this topic it would be greatly appreciated. And even if I can't quite get a grip on the proper holiday spelling my heart is true when I wish you all the best this holiday season!

There is a lot going on in these parts right now so I have posted several other bits of local news below this post. So be sure to scroll down to see everything. Sorry I have been posting in larger chunks these days. But work has been very busy for me and I do the best I can.

So just to completely update you all, the weather in the valley has been a bit warmer in the last few days. Temperatures have gotten near 40 and the snow we had lying around is melting away. But there is still a fair amount of ice around so watch your step if you are coming to the valley and haven't been here in awhile.

So that's it for now. As always, I will try to keep you posted.