Sunday, July 14, 2013

Summer Meeting 2013

The annual WCA summer meeting, which took place this past Saturday, July 13th, was a successful one. There were no major issues this year and so we reviewed the summer schedule, talked about some ongoing valley concerns and held elections. As you all know by now, the President and Treasurer spots were open this year. We had some wonderful community minded residents step forward and volunteer to fill those positions. So here is a list of newly elected WCA officers for the 2013 - 2014 season.

President - Michelle Keesee
Vice President - Peggy Neu
Treasurer - Jeffrey Schwartz
Secretary - Mike O'Neil (aka Boreegard)

Michelle is a past President of the WCA and I am sure she will do a great job again. Peggy Neu has been Vice President for the last few years and was willing to continue in that position. This is the first time Jeff Schwartz has held an office in the Association but I have every confidence that he will do a bang up job. Our awesome Secretary Mike O'Neil did not attend the meeting due to illness but we nominated and voted for him in absentia. He has been doing a great job for many years so we thought he would be willing to continue. Of course, if he starts feeling more peppy and gives me the what for we will have to go looking for a replacement.

The Association also voted on the Board Members, who in addition to the officers will be:

Madeleine Piel
Peter Occolowitz
Pip Merrick

There will be a soft transition over the next few weeks from Marcy and I to Michelle and Jeff.  WCA members will continue receiving emails from me, until I can get the email account and the other paperwork switched over to your new President. Even though I am no longer President I will continue to keep this blog.

For those of you who did not attend the meeting I would like to say thank you for allowing me to serve you these past 6 years. It has been one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. It has brought me into this community in a way that I never imagined. And I am blessed to be able to call so many of you friend. So thank you again, and best of luck to everyone in their new positions.

- Carol Seitz
   July 14, 2013