Saturday, April 20, 2013

Peepers

For the last couple of nights I have been hearing the peepers out in full force. Thursday evening was the first time this year that I have heard them. It is a sure sign of the warmer weather to come. Last night in rain there were tons of frogs and/or toads (hard to tell which when you are driving) all over Woodland Valley Road. I was driving slowly and trying to avoid squishing them (I try to do no harm if possible). They were of varying sizes and, to my surprise, there were several really large ones. I am accustom to seeing the little ones but I rarely see the big ones in the road. Anyway, it just made it feel more like the valley is coming alive after a long winter.

For those of you who want to see exactly what a peeper looks like here is a link to the Wikipedia page where they can be found.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_Peeper