Tuesday, March 19, 2013

New Snow

Sorry for the break in the weather coverage in the past week. Your blogmistress (me) has been out of the valley and on the road (yes, it may come as a surprise to some, but I leave the valley sometimes). I got back just in time to have to deal with the latest winter storm in a long series of winter storms. Most of them haven't left too much accumulation but, at this point, it is getting tiresome having to scrap and shovel.

Anyway, the snow started for real around 6pm last night. I came home slightly after that and driving was difficult. It was coming down very hard and visibility was poor. I had to drive very slowly down Rt 28 and Woodland Valley Road. 

It snowed all through the night but it was the heavy wet kind and it is misty rain this morning. So all the snow that fell has already compressed a lot. My snow ruler said that I had about 4 inches in my driveway. 

There have been no power or phone outages to report. The town plows have been up and down the road several times during the night and are passing again as I type. So, although I haven't been out to verify, I imagine the roads are OK. 

Spring is this week so maybe the higher temperatures will return and this will all melt quickly. At least that is what I am hoping. I guess we will just have to wait and see what mother nature has in store.

PS - Just after I finished writing this post the rain turned back to snow. It looks like we are going to get some more accumulation. Check back at the end of the day and I will give you an update.