Friday, August 24, 2012

Weather Cam Update

Below is a message from the keeper of the Woodland Valley weather cam. I tried the other day to fix the link to the cam on the blog page and was unsuccessful. Blogger has recently changed it's interface with all sorts of weird results. I will try again later tonight to make it work. If I can't I will remove the icon from the blog. But you can always access it from the link below. I will keep you posted on the cam status.
- Carol


Greetings fellow weather watchers.  I've had several contacts recently on how many of you enjoy the weather station (locally and nationally).  I have received some comments that when they click on the picture on the blog the connection isn't always working.  This is not the local station or a blog problem but a communication glitch between Weather Underground and blogspot and not under our control.  If you would like the direct link to the site so you don't have to go through the blog try using the connection directly through Weather Underground   http://www.wunderground.com/US/NY/Phoenicia.html?bannertypeclick=miniWeather2  Set it up as a link on your homepage or where ever it works best for you.  You can also go to www.wunderground.com and insert our zip code (12464).  Don't forget to look around our page, there is a wealth of weather information that national inserts including hurricane information (look just above the weekly forecast and click on the tropical weather).  Finally I understand the Weather Channel bought Weather Underground a month ago but no changes are expected (for now!).  Thanks for your support.  Down the road I hope to obtain a camera that can be panned and zoomed to vary our view but for a retired guy's budget this is all I can offer for now.